Pasta is hearty, wonderful, and often gives you that feeling of content. Pasta is also packed with carbohydrates that can increase your blood sugars and pack on some weight. Zucchini noodles, aka Zoodles, are a great alternative that give you the pasta taste without the pasta regret. Check out this quick and easy prescription below for a great meal prep recipe.
Peanut Sesame Zoodles with Crispy Tofu
Quick and easy vegan zoodles recipe full of flavor and nutrition
Write a review
Peanut Sesame Sauce
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup sesame oil
- 1/3 cup light low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 knob of fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 12 ounces extra firm tofu
- 1 cup corn starch
- 2 zucchini
- Toss the sauce ingredients in the food processor until blended and smooth. Set Aside.
- Remove Tofu from package and liquid. Place on paper-towel and place heavy item on top to press excess moisture out of the tofu. This should take 5-10 mins.
- Once moisture is removed, cut into bite sized pieces.
- Toss Tofu pieces with cornstarch
- Heat a tiny bit of oil in a nonstick pan. Add the tofu and stir fry until golden brown.
- Add about 1/2 cup sauce and simmer until the sauce starts to evaporate
- gently flip the tofu so all parts are covered
- Spiralize your zucchini and toss with about 1/4 cup sauce per serving.
- Top with tofu and serve immediately.
The Doctor's Order http://www.thedoctorsorder.com/