Salmon is jam packed with omega-3 fatty acids which are great for brain and cardiovascular function! This recipe is delicious and extremely healthy!
4 salmon filets
Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
4 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon of lime juice
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- To make the browned butter lime sauce, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook, whisking constantly, until the foam subsides and the butter begins to turn a golden brown, about 3 minutes. Stir in garlic, honey and lime juice, salt and pepper, to taste; set aside.
- Season salmon with salt and pepper, to taste. Dredge each salmon filet with 1 tablespoon flour and drizzle with 1 tablespoon honey.
- Heat olive oil in a large oven-proof skillet over medium high heat. Working in batches, add salmon to the skillet and sear both sides until golden brown, about 1-2 minutes per side.
- Place into oven and bake until completely cooked through, about 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with browned butter lime sauce and lime zest, if desired.
recipe adapted from damndelicious.net