Fish Tacos with Strawberry Pico de Gallo
Here is the perfect end of summer meal which features fresh fruit, perfectly seasoned fish, and tacos! Also, if strawberries are not a staple of your diet you are definitely missing out! Not only are they juicy, summery and delicious, they’re a bona fide superfood, too. Read more about the health benefits of strawberries here: http://www.eatingwell.com/nutrition_health/nutrition_news_information/strawberry_nutrition_and_health_benefits_of_strawberries
- 1.5 lbs tilapia or cod fillets
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon old bay seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Strawberry Pico de Gallo Salsa
- 2 packets of fresh strawberries (diced)
- 1/2 red onion minced
- 1 jalapeno
- 1 bunch of cilantro
- juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup honey
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ avocado
- In a small bowl, combine all of the seasonings for the blackened fish. Sprinkle the mixture over both sides of the fillets.
- Combine all of the strawberry pico de gallo ingredients together in a small bowl and mix it all together. Let it chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat. Once heated, add in the seasoned fillets. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until the outside is blackened and the fish flakes apart easily.
- Remove the fish from the heat and warm the corn tortillas in a preheated oven at 300 degrees.
- Distribute the fish evenly between the tortillas and top with Strawberry salsa, fresh cilantro, and jalapenos. Serve.
The strawberry pico de gallo recipe was adapted from Chef Tiffany Marie’s recipe. View the original recipe here: https://instagram.com/tiffys_creations/