There is this running myth that corn has no nutritional value and that it should be avoided at all cost. Surely, this is due to heavy media coverage surrounding high-fructose corn syrup and its misuse by several food manufacturers. However, corn is still a vegetable and packed with nutritional value. Its full of carotenoids that benefit your vision, fiber to help keep your bowels regular, and its full of iron to help with anemia. Considering we are in the full swing of cookout season, It’s time we show corn some love. Check out this recipe for Mexican Street Corn to take your grilled corn to the next level!
- 1/4 cup (60ml) mayonnaise (can substitute with greek yogurt)
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sour cream
- 1/2 cup (110g) finely crumbled feta cheese, plus more for serving
- 1/2 teaspoon ancho chili powder, plus more for serving
- 1 medium clove garlic, finely minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems
- 4 ears shucked corn
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Clean and oil grilling grate and light to medium heat.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream, cheese, chili powder, garlic, and cilantro in a large bowl.
- When grill is hot, place corn directly over hot side of grill and cook, rotating occasionally.
- Transfer corn to bowl with cheese mixture and use a large spoon to evenly coat corn on all sides Sprinkle with extra cheese and chili powder and serve immediately with lime wedges.