So let’s be real, this summer has been a wash. With social distancing, there are no big backyard barbecues and everyone is staying mostly indoors. But that does not mean COVID-19 can ruin our summer menus!
This sweet, savory, summer recipe features asian style salmon with grilled pineapples! The flavor combination is perfect and it is a very simple and easy recipe.
Throw these bad boys on the grill or use a grill pan if you do not have access to a grill.
We’ve previously talked about the health benefits of salmon and if you’re looking for even more salmon recipes, check out our blackened lime salmon with avocado salsa recipe!
Sweet Salmon and Pineapple Kabobs
1 fresh pineapple cut into chunks
1 red onion cut into chunks
1 zucchini sliced into thick rounds
Cilantro to taste
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, Sriracha and pepper, to taste.
- Thread salmon, pineapple, red onion and zucchini onto skewers.
- Brush soy sauce mixture onto the skewers and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add kabobs to grill, turning occasionally, until salmon is opaque throughout and vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes. You can also cook on grill pan if no access to grill.
- Serve kabobs immediately with reserved marinade, garnished with cilantro, if desired.