So let’s be real, this summer has been a wash. With social distancing, there are no big backyard barbecues and everyone is staying mostly indoors. But that does not mean COVID-19 can ruin our summer menus!
This sweet, savory, summer recipe features asian style salmon with grilled pineapples! The flavor combination is perfect and it is a very simple and easy recipe.
Throw these bad boys on the grill or use a grill pan if you do not have access to a grill.
Sweet Salmon and Pineapple Kabobs
1 fresh pineapple cut into chunks
1 red onion cut into chunks
1 zucchini sliced into thick rounds
Cilantro to taste
2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar, packed
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 teaspoon Sriracha, optional
Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, oyster sauce, ginger, rice vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, sesame oil, Sriracha and pepper, to taste.
- Thread salmon, pineapple, red onion and zucchini onto skewers.
- Brush soy sauce mixture onto the skewers and let sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to medium high heat. Add kabobs to grill, turning occasionally, until salmon is opaque throughout and vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes. You can also cook on grill pan if no access to grill.
- Serve kabobs immediately with reserved marinade, garnished with cilantro, if desired.