Brown Sugar & Berry Organic Amaranth
This sweet, gluten-free amaranth breakfast grain is classically flavored with cinnamon and sugar.
Write a review
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup amaranth
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Bring the milk and water to a boil in a medium saucepan.
- Whisk in the amaranth, reduce the heat to low and cover.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed and the amaranth is tender.
- Remove the amaranth from the heat and stir in the butter, brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Top with berries, bannana, and mint leaf.
- Serve warm.
The Doctor's Order http://www.thedoctorsorder.com/