Check out this quick and easy week-day recipe for blackened salmon. The contrast between the heat of the blackened salmon and the cool avocado salsa makes this a perfect summer meal. Plate with a side of cauliflower rice for a healthy and nutritious meal!
- 1 tablespoon Olive oil
- 4 (6 ounce) pieces salmon
- 4 teaspoons Old Bay cajun seasoning
- 2 avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat, add the salmon, seasoned with the cajun seasoning, and cook until deeply golden brown to slightly blackened before flipping and repeating for the other side.
- Mix everything and enjoy on the salmon!
- Nutrition Facts: Calories 445, Fat 31.3g (Saturated 5.8g, Trans 0), Cholesterol 75mg, Sodium 72mg, Carbs 9.8g (Fiber 7.1g, Sugars 1.0g), Protein 35.1g