Beets are the burgundy power-food that are jam packed full of vitamins and nutrients. On top of that, beets are packed full of nitrates, which work to help dilate your blood vessels. Many patients with chronic chest pain or erectile dysfunction, may need these nitrates to provide that arterial dilation. Try this recipe below and feel the nitrates pumping!
Beet and Goat Cheese Salad
Write a review
- 6 ounces mixed greens lettuce
- 1 large avocado
- 1/3 cup pistachios
- 1 can mandarin oranges
- 1/2 - 1 full can (15 ounces) full can small whole beets
- Crumbled goat cheese or feta will work
- Place the lettuce in a large bowl.
- Remove the pit and peel of a ripe avocado. Chop into small pieces and add to the lettuce.
- Drain the mandarin oranges and add those.
- Drain and rinse the whole beets. Allow to dry. Chop up the whole beets and add to the salad.
- In a pan, add pistachios to softened butter and cook until fragrant. Allow to cool and add to salad.
- Toss the salad with the dressing and then add the crumbled feta or goat cheese.
- Do not toss the salad with the dressing until right ready to enjoy the salad.
- This salad doesn't store or sit well, so If you aren't planning on making ahead of time, do not toss all the ingredients together or toss with the dressing. If making it ahead of time, keep the lettuce separate, the dressing separate, and all the veggies/toppings separate. Toss all together right before enjoying.
The Doctor's Order http://www.thedoctorsorder.com/